Lithuania is a crossroad between west and east Europe, and despite its complicated history, has developed
- Northern Cyprus
STUDY IN NORTHERN CYPRUS
Northern Cyprus (TRNC) is the most easterly of the Mediterranean islands and the third biggest in the area after Sicily and Sardinia. There are more than 50,000 university students from 70 different countries currently enrolled in 8 major universities in Northern Cyprus. For a quality education at affordable fees, Northern Cyprus is the choice that thousands of students make every year.
The urban population is employed mainly in the service industry and light industries such as beverages, clothing, and construction and in other commercial establishments. The rural population lives in villages. There are some 195 villages in North Cyprus. People in rural areas are mainly engaged in agriculture and produce a variety of crops. Wheat, barley, olives, carobs, melon, grapes, figs, potatoes and basic vegetables are grown commercially on a moderate scale. Citrus is the main export produce, however, exports from Northern Cyprus have been restricted to a great extent, due to the political status of the state.
The service industry has recently shown an increase mainly in Tourism, Banking and Education. The slow development in the economy has become an advantage for Tourism since it has resulted in unspoiled countryside and thus very low pollution. Education has recently developed to become one of the major sources of revenue, with 5 private universities being opened in the last 10 years, offering a good standard of international education to the students attending from neighboring countries, mainly Turkey.
- North Cyprus Universities are Internationally recognized and accepted worldwide. The Universities are even better than most Universities in other parts of Europe.
- Universities in North Cyprus are known for quality Education at International standards in English medium.
- International Students have the opportunity to enjoy qualified faculty members at international standards.
- Education in North Cyprus is in line with the American Credit System. Many of their lecturers are even from the United States.
- There are hundreds of courses available. All in English Medium of study.
- Affordable tuition fees and moderate living expenses. The tuition fees are moderate and cheaper than most parts of Europe.
- World class standard of Education with Excellent facilities for social, cultural and sports activities.
- Accommodation is world class standard and available both on campus and around the city.
Northern Cyprus education system has grown rapidly over the past few years and provides a very high standard and variety of education packages which has started to attract many western foreigners especially at University level.
There is a choice of State schools or private schools but all offer a very good education system. Whatever type of education in North Cyprus you choose for your children you will find a mixture of local Cypriot or English children in the classrooms.
The best time for a child from the UK to pick up the Turkish language is in the lowest age as possible and it will still take time for them to understand. The older child will struggle with language especially if they are in their latter years of schol education.
Pre-school education in North Cyprus
The TRNC provides crèches and nurseries (kindergardens) for children between the ages 4-6. Both Turkish and UK children attend them.
Primary education in North Cyprus
Primary education in North Cyprus is divided into three stages as you can see on your holidays in North Cyprus: Stage one is elementary school. This is for children between 7-12 and is carried out for a period of five years. Children must attend this period as it is compulsory. Some people look for private schooling and others are happy with state schooling. Northern Cyprus education depends on your preference and finance. Stage two is secondary-junior schooling(12-14 age). This is also compulsory and free and covers a period of three years. Stage three is provided by high schools known as Lycee`s and vocational schools in North Cyprus education system. Northern Cyprus focus a lot on higher education and this is provided by the Teachers Training College, The Eastern Mediterranean University, Anadolu University, Open Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Girne American University, Near East University, European University of Lefke and International American University.
- Tuition fees starts from 1000 euros per semester to 5000 euros per year
- Living cost is very affordable which starts from 150 euro to 300 euros per month.